Infrastructure mapping is available in three different project scopes.
An AI-assisted inventory of traffic signs or road lighting. Information transferable to Digiroad and other information systems.
- A quick inventory assisted by AI.
- Traffic sign information compatible with Digiroad
- Georeferenced, 360-degree imagery for customer use
*Image* a small image of signs located by artificial intelligence
A comprehensive inventory of street property, with the coverage necessary to complete the project
- Road signs and signposts
- Road lighting
- Road markings
- Traffic lights
- Road condition
- Other street assets (railings, paving, greenspaces, trashcans…)
We gather information from traffic signs, signposts and street signs that assists in manufacturing, planning, budgeting and practical implementation.
- Condition class (1-5 as classified by the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency)
- Size (small, medium, large)
- Column type (traffic sign poles, lighting poles, overhead sign gantries…)
- Position on the column (a = highest, b = second highest, c =…)
- Observations: shallowness, slant, debris coverage, legality, vandalism
- Labeled images of mapped objects
- Labeled prices of standard traffic signs
- Written notices of traffic sign deficiencies (according to the direction of the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency (Väylävirasto) and the Association of Finnish Municipalities (Kuntaliitto)
- With the help of this information, standard traffic signs can be ordered from the traffic sign manufacturer and renewed in a similar way
Premium (traffic signs and signposts)
Standard package + an action plan to achieve the desired service level.
In the first stage, we will produce a comprehensive snapshot of existing traffic signs. Information about traffic sign condition is also collected from the mapped data, so initial repairs and refurbishments can be directed to critical locations. The mapping takes into account the impact of traffic signage on the efficiency and function of traffic control. Missing, incorrect and excessive traffic signs are taken into account. Factors that undermine or improve safety, such as enhanced markings at pedestrian crossings, are logged. We will produce a plan to identify deficiencies and achieve the desired level of service.
We offer a contract-based production price, itemized to each traffic and road sign, allowing your costs to be estimated to the nearest euro. We will make our own offer to make the planned corrections, based on an accurate inventory and customer-approved project map. We produce all the necessary information, which makes it easy to bid for large contracts. With this information, the transition to the new road traffic law that took effect on 6 January 2020 can be scheduled and budgeted years in advance – and beyond, if necessary.
We offer recommendations on media/overlay class, materials, and fastening solutions backed with strong professional experience. In addition, we dimension and design complex direction signs, tourist signs and other made-to-measure traffic control products.